[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
June 16, 1904
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: UlyssesCover.jpg (20 KB, 374x478) Image search: [Google]
UlyssesCover.jpg
20 KB, 374x478
Happy Bloomsday /lit/friends!
>>
Whats that
>>
>>8168877
MUH HISTORIC HANDJOB

A little too dilettante for my tastes. Plus I detest the literature of ideas.
>>
>>8168892
June 16, 1904 is the day when Dubliner Mr. Leopold Bloom eats a kidney for breakfast, goes to a funeral, admires a girl on the beach, thinks about his wife's impending adultery, and befriends a drunk poet in the city's red light district.
>>
>>8168919
>literature of ideas
It's not though.
>>
>>8168938
It's a bunch of references to ideas. Even Joyce leaked two cheat sheets explaining all the ideas. He admitted it.

Don't start with "Well, Poldy is hungry so his mind thinks in culinary metaphors! He thinks that woman is a piece of meat!"

Nabokov a shit.
>>
>>8169002
>yellow and liver are ideas
>>
>>8169008
Not really but he was shit at writing anything that wasn't "What am I referencing now? Tee-hee-hee, I'll never tell!"

It's cringe to see him describe the thoughts of Bloom and watch all these people jack off to it.

Even Borges agrees. Just a bunch of ideas. We never get to know Bloom.

Proust was infinitely better.
>>
Since I don't want to make a new Ulysses thread a we have this one - I've finished chapter 8 today. It's great for now, but I still can't understand the Gilbert schema completely. Can someone please explain the color picks for the chapters? Also how the fuck is architecture the symbol of Lestrygonians?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.