[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Question for you gerfags out there. I want to read the divine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 3656020._UY200_.jpg (9 KB, 132x200) Image search: [Google]
3656020._UY200_.jpg
9 KB, 132x200
Question for you gerfags out there. I want to read the divine comedy but I don't know which German translation is the best, any recommendations?
>>
Anyone?
>>
>>8168427
reclam
>>
>>8168427
Go for Reclam, if you don't mind the small fontsize

Additionally I recommend getting Berthold Wiese's Kommentar zu Dantes Göttlicher Komödie
>>
>>8169446

Is the reclam version the one which is translated by Karl Witte?
>>
>>8168427
It depends, are you familiar with the subject (i.e. do you need annotations)?
Do you plan to learn German with it, if yes, do you prefer a rather contemporary German or would you like a more classical tone?
Do you care about the verse metre at all?
>>
>>8169477

German is my mother tongue. I'd like to have a translation that is the closest to the original in terms of (most importantly) the meaning and (also important but not really all that necessary) the verse metre. I don't really want annotations but it would be nice to have them.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.