[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm having a crisis. Before you remind me to kill myself
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
I'm having a crisis. Before you remind me to kill myself just hear me out.

I should have graduated college this year, but I dropped out after the first semester. I lacked all the skills necessary to be a good student, and had no money for college, so I started taking out loans. Then I realized I had no idea what I wanted from college, so I freaked out and left. Now I've gotten to a point (at 24) where I've developed the work ethic needed to be a student, and I have some money saved up. But I still am not entirely sure what to go back for. My only ambition is to write, but what exactly can I do with an English or creative writing degree? Does having an MFA give you a better chance at publication? None of this seems like a good idea. I'd like to get into the publishing industry, at least so that I can have a job while writing that isn't hourly.

Should I go back to college?
>>
>>8168379
become a programmer
>>
>>8168379
go to your doctor and get testosterone injections first you fucking pussy
>>
>>8168382
Never tried programming, it's what my husband does and it's working out pretty well for him. I'd like to try and learn it someday, but the point of going back to school would be to pursue my interest in literature, writing, publishing, etc.
>>
>>>/adv/ desu
>>
>>8168397
>my husband

Fuck off. There are enough meme housewives clogging up writing programs. You don't understand what suffering is.
>>
>>8168379

You can't do anything with those degrees. Don't get them, work in horrible jobs and get the incentive to write your way out.
>>
>>8168397
Oh lol, you're a married woman, literally does not matter what you do then, your beta faggot husband will pay for it while you experience life (i.e. drink heavily, do drugs and cuck him with Tyrone, interspersed with the occasional writing class)
>>
>>8168379
>Does having an MFA give you a better chance
NO. At my old vanity publishing company we specifically hired MFAs and lawyers from shitty lawschools because there was no chance that they would leave and find something better.
>>
>>8168397
>married woman
>husband in tech

stay at home dad here. I should be writing all day every day but I just shitpost and lift weights.
>>
>>8168470
The idea is to not be a housewife. Are you fucking retarded? Do you just scan for words that you can cry over?
>>8168477
Thanks. Current job is so-so, but I do still have free time for writing. Not sure how much a full time student would have for it.
>>
>>8168491
tnx for sharing.. wanna talk? Pm me hihi
>>
>>8168495
Do you kik? Will you show your pissflaps?
>>
>>8168482
Shit you're right! Byeeeee faggots I'm off to Vegas.
>>8168488
That sounds horrible, but at least they got jobs?
>>8168491
Someone's got to raise the chillen's.
>>
>>8168499
Could you just leave please?

Seriously you don't belong here.
>>
>>8168397
You're better off exploring another subject and reading and writing through that. Lit degrees are not that great unless you only like literature and just want a degree level thing to progress in a career.

I mean a degree in theology would be better.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.