[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hunter Thompson Appreciation Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1972.jpg (24 KB, 300x449) Image search: [Google]
1972.jpg
24 KB, 300x449
Angsty kids read F&LiLV sometime in high school and it convinces them to do more drugs and talk about how good the book is, so a lot of people tend to just avoid Thompson's work altogether.

Fucking ridiculous. F&LiLV is somewhat entertaining, but some of the dude's other shit is legitimately outstanding (pic related). Thompson himself didn't even particularly like how popular LV got, and it really fucked him up.

Thompson appreciation bread. Post your favorite articles, books, stories, picture, anything. He was a real treasure.
>>
>>8167141
Yeah most people misinterpret his genius and just feel like he's telling them to do drugs. Fear and loathing on the campaign trail is awesome, the Hell Angels though is my favorite and the Rum diaries of course. The book I'm working on now is the 40 Oz diaries
>>
kind of torn on HST. at times he's lyrical, and at other times he comes across as an entitled aspie - like when he was demanding that Willie Hearst fire one of his editors for daring to change the way he spelled "ghadaffi".
>>
Hells Angels is highly entertaining, aesthetically pleasing, and genuinely informative.
>>
>>8167141
Also this cover is badass.
>>
My favorite of his is Generation of Swine.
>>
Love Fear and loathing on the Campaign trail '76 and Hells Angels, pretty sure Ivery read almost all of his books
He's adored by high school stoners for all the drug talk but I genuinely enjoy his point blank writing style and dark, almost poetic phrasings
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.