[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Happy Bloomsday /lit/! Is anyone else taking a break from what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Poldy.png (648 KB, 557x695) Image search: [Google]
Poldy.png
648 KB, 557x695
Happy Bloomsday /lit/!

Is anyone else taking a break from what they're reading to go back to Ulysses for a day?
>>
I'm thinking of doing it, I got halfway through it a few months back and I sort of put it on pause, I really want to finish it though
>>
No because I'm on a trip and didn't bring it with me, but I do plan to find an Irish pub to celebrate if I can. But I like to think that Bloom lives with me and within me everyday.
>>
I'm going to a public reading tonight with Guinness and music. Was gonna get some kidney and gorgonzola but I forgot.

Anyone else have plans for today?
>>
>>8166663

Top lel, I got it in the mail a few hours ago.
>>
>>8166663
Without a doubt. I'm looking through it again right now, and each sentence is still a pearl.
>>
I just started Circe, I'd like to finish the novel today, but I don't think it will happen. I'd like to eat a kidney at some point, I've never tried one.
>>
happy bloomsday. gonna power through some work and then slip out of the office to read in the park like a faggot. can't wait.
>>
>>8168107
>but I forgot

Sure you did.
>>
Finished yesterday night. His poop letters were better.
>>
>>8166663
I was already reading Ulysses. Going to go down to the pub for some drinks, that's about it. Also obviously spending time reading the book. Happy Bloomsday.
>>
making my way through right now- episode 6 really blew me away.
>>
>>8168837
Same here, I finished episode 8 today. 6 is probably my favorite episode for now.
Can you explain the colors of the Gilbert scheme to me? I can only understand the one for Hades, it's black-white because black represents death and white represents life, and the episode swings between those two.
Also how would you rank the chapters for now? For me it's
6 > 7 > 8 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 5 > 4
>>
Happy blooms day pals. I'll be celebrating my going to the bar with a cute little Irish girl.
>>
Thanks for this post OP, almost missed it; had a couple of bottles of stout to celebrate; I'm reading Ulysses anyway, but good to know the day didn't slip me by without my honoring of it in some way.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.