[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Writing Lyrics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
Hi /lit/.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this because I haven't really done enough lurking so feel free to let me know if I should move this thread somewhere else.

I am a 19 year old musician who has written a bunch of music and wants to write lyrics to go along it, I have a whole bunch of topics/ideas that I want to put down in words but every time I try I can't help but feel a little dumb.

I'm not trying to put down or devalue poetry by saying this, I just feel like anything that I try to write doesn't feel genuine at all, as if I'm a kid in middle school who thinks he's hot shit for having written his first sonnet. Like nothing that I write would ever be taken as seriously as the work of other, successful lyricists.

I'm not really sure what I'm asking, I guess how to take my own work a little more seriously and get over this anxiety that I have about stuff that I write.
>>
YOU'RE 19 YOU FUCKING TWINK

IF I FUCKED YOU, IT WOULD BE LIKE A LION RAPING A CHIHUAHUA
>>
desu most lyrics, for even some of the best songs, are really shitty if you look at them on paper, as poetry.
>>
We have a saying here on /lit/:
“Write moar, faggot.”
And if you think you've written enough, you haven't.
>>
>>8166534

Tons of lyrics can't stand alone as poetry, but that doesn't stop them from having meaning and conveying a message. That's kinda what I want to go for in my writing, but I always feel like such a fucking edgelord when I read stuff back to myself.

I feel like I'm gonna stick with advice given by:
>>8166540
>>
>>8166534
some poems which were not intended as songs were later used as such though, for instance several ones of yesenin

here is an example, a rock band performs a song with yesenin's lyrics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3i1tsP8guw
>>
>>8166504
>I'm not really sure what I'm asking, I guess how to take my own work a little more seriously and get over this anxiety that I have about stuff that I write
you're anxious because you suck.
you suck because you don't write enough.
get the fuck off the internet and write
>>
>>8166504
You haven't found your voice. This only comes through writing.

I would look at the lyrics of songwriters you really admire for inspiration.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.