[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /lit/. I finished the book I was reading and i have now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: DH0WhBV.png (279 KB, 1032x1015) Image search: [Google]
DH0WhBV.png
279 KB, 1032x1015
Hello /lit/. I finished the book I was reading and i have now started and stopped 4 different books because I'm not in the mood for something dark and serious. Upon looking through my kindle and at my bookshelf Its become apparent that I don't have anything humorous that I haven't already read.

Basically I'm wondering if there's any books you guys can point me towards that are light hearted, funny, and well written? Everything i've ever read that was funny was also really dark and I just can't be bothered with that kind of book at the moment.
thanks

Also I guess funny books thread
>>
>>8166284
Houellebecq makes me chuckle.

Possibility of an Island and Soumission both were pretty funny.
>>
File: 40days-1_905.jpg (140 KB, 900x612) Image search: [Google]
40days-1_905.jpg
140 KB, 900x612
>>8166300
hmm that doesn't seem to be quite what I'm looking for
>>
I feel like any author who wants to write something people will refer to as "literature" wont spend their time writing something light-hearted.
>>
>>8166284
Hunter S Thompson's oeuvre

check out the rum diary first.
>>
>>8166284
Don Quixote if you read it as satire as opposed to some narrative on how just acting like a hero can improve the lives of others.
>>
File: 1456885103727.jpg (4 KB, 226x223) Image search: [Google]
1456885103727.jpg
4 KB, 226x223
>>8166419
i've already read the rum diary and fear and loathing. Fear and loathing is probably the funniest thing i've read with catch 22 coming in second but I found the rum diary to be sort of dull.
>>
>>8166437
don quixote is a satire you fucking mook
>>
>>8166446
well then read it again
>>
File: The-Stuffed-Owl_2048x2048.jpg (126 KB, 650x1041) Image search: [Google]
The-Stuffed-Owl_2048x2048.jpg
126 KB, 650x1041
I'M SCREAMING! humorous
>>
>>8166448
I had a teacher who swore to the wall and back that if you read it without a satirical view then it was about a guy who wanted to be a hero and, although he didn't do traditional hero things, he still improved the lives of those in his community
>>
File: allatonce.jpg (280 KB, 800x890) Image search: [Google]
allatonce.jpg
280 KB, 800x890
>>8166452
i just read it recently so i dont want to
>>
>>8166487
your teacher was a moron

>>8166512
then wait
>>
>>8166542
>your teacher was a moron
Won't argue that one
>>
Does no one read anything funny?
>>
I tried Three Men in a Boat and the first Jeeves book on /lit/'s recommendation, but only got a mild chuckle. Did I do it wrong?
>>
>>8166284
nice picture, what is it?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.