[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any thoughts on this guy? I know all he does is makes eastern
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: IMAG0168_1.jpg (386 KB, 1710x2590) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0168_1.jpg
386 KB, 1710x2590
Any thoughts on this guy? I know all he does is makes eastern philosophies easier to digest for westerners but whadda us think?
>>
>>8165445
Why don't you read him instead of trying to align your views with whatever "/lit/" thinks?
>>
Brilliant thinker, but many don't understand him because their elitism blinds them from the start (not even kidding), or they pretend not to like him because they're elitist. I've read and understood all of the famous philosophers, the big names , and a lot of the lesser known ones, and his is still the most solidly thought out philosophy I've ever come across.
>>
>>8165470
I know what I think of this book and of him

I've just never heard any other opinions on him
So I don't know of any blindspots I might have

What if what /lit/ has to say is more reasonable than what I think?
>>
File: 1450050466784.gif (446 KB, 300x186) Image search: [Google]
1450050466784.gif
446 KB, 300x186
>>8165498
>many don't understand him because their elitism blinds them from the start (not even kidding), or they pretend not to like him because they're elitist.
>>
>>8165445
Do you recommend that book? Read Way of Zen and Wisdom of Insecurity. Wisdom of Insecurity was my fave.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.