[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This novel written by him i'd say is one of the best ones
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: crowler.jpg (7 KB, 173x266) Image search: [Google]
crowler.jpg
7 KB, 173x266
This novel written by him i'd say is one of the best ones that Crowley has in he name *SPOILER* it talks about from the time he came back from the war and his addiction to drugs started to come about simply because he was escaping reality.
> yes he was a occultist
>>
>>8164846
>*SPOILER*
>that use of greentext

Please go back to where you came from.
>>
File: 1438194993737.jpg (201 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1438194993737.jpg
201 KB, 1920x1080
>>8164846

>Is he an occultist because he was a druggie?
>Is he a druggie because he was an occultist?

back to /x/ familam. Crowley was a dopehead, and only impresses on sheeplets and other dopeheads.

>muh edgy egoism
BTFO by Stirner
>>
>>8164870
Now this is just my opinion, if you read the novel it states that he was going though alot of depression in he life sometimes depression will make you do that.
>>
>>8164892
>alot
>>>/x/
>>
>>8164892
I've done drugs bro. But they're ultimatly meaningless. Failing to recognize how they fuck you up as a human, you're doomed in /lit/. I'm sorry bro, >>>/x/ is that way.
>>
>>8164913
Thats also true i'm not saying that drugs won't fuck up your life cunt what i was trying to get across is that he knew he had a drug problem instead of denying that he did he made the quote or saying whatever you may call it do as thy wilt.. basically meaning what you see best in life go for it and if it doesn't work out chance it..
>>
>>8164921
It's like saying the best water you can have is the one at hand.

Ignoring that there can be a well right around the corner.

What i don't like about Crowley, or mostly his following really, is the self-absorbment. His fanclub mostly consists of fatties and low lifes that have no other qualities than buying into "muh soveirgnty", just like fatties do with HAES.

Bro. Crowley has never been academically acknowledged. No one has even looked into his work because his ideology is 1) Not new and 2) flawed at its essence.

Also, pic related.
>>
>>8164941
ok from that prospective i can see what your coming from but if someone who just admires hes work i would say hes average but there lots of writers that you and i read look up to Crowley he influence them to write.
>>
>>8164846

Just read the summary - essentially it goes like this:

>drug addiction is because of lack of direction and happiness, the solution is True Will/Be Yourself (tm)

Seems terribly banal and sad. Drug addiction literature is, by and large, very boring.
>>
>>8164965
Sure. I am kind of a shit writer, but my main influence is Mutanabbi Al Tayyib and al-hallaj, does that save me from disgracing myself in the name of poetry?
>>
>>8164972
I agree drugs and literature don't and the only solution is the express you problem rather than just keep doing and finding a solution.
What my view of this is
'do as thy wilt'
>if its a lifestyle or a way of thinking on a clear road by all means continue..such saying if build a bridge thats supports people and its not a problem dont destroy it
>>
>>8165016
No but most people who value their work often have great success and become great barbs.
>>
>>8165031
Brah, in that case every circlejerker could live of himself.
>>
>>8165074
Lol well I think we have to look outside the box on this one
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.