[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wittgenstein's Mistress
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: WM.jpg (27 KB, 304x500) Image search: [Google]
WM.jpg
27 KB, 304x500
Looking to discussing this with someone because it kind of rocked me.
What are your thoughts on it?
>>
>>8164687
it's on my to-read list
sorry for unhelpful post, have a bump
>>
>>8164690
Thanks man. What's keeping you from reading it? I recently bought it off Amazon and I kind of plunged into it. If you are afraid you'll need to know Wittgenstein before you read it, I didn't find it hard to follow through and I haven't read a page of W's in my life. I'm certain some stuff went over my head, but it was still really enjoyable.
Definitely check it out.
>>
I read this book once.
Didn't finish it.
Brazillia is the capital of Brazil.
Wardine be cry.
I didn't really understand it desu.
>>
One of my favorite books but I'm too tired to effortpost about it.

One of the few books to bring me to the brink of tears.
>>
File: farage-6.jpg (47 KB, 381x346) Image search: [Google]
farage-6.jpg
47 KB, 381x346
>>8164767
>effortpost
Is thing a thing now?
>>
>>8164687
I've read Reader's Block by him and loved it. I was put off at first, but in the end I had tears in my eyes. It was so different from what I'd read before. Up till then I wasn't a fan of po-mo trickery, which is what I thought this was another exemple of. Now I've been hearing great things about this one and I can't wait to get back to Markson.
>>
>>8164687
I didn't like it.
>>
I loved it when I read it, now I think it's inferior to his other four novels of a similar type. He's a poet, plain and simple.

Last Novel, This is Not a Novel, Vanishing Point, and Reader's Block. Go read them.
>>
>>8165045
Where's that one image set of Nigel eating dirt when he crashed his helicopter like a buffoon?
>>
>>8165216

It's saved right next to the folder I have for when tripfaggots get butthurt into oblivion with Brexit
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.