[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the best selection/translation of pessoa's poems?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 41MMdhIOsdL.jpg (28 KB, 319x500) Image search: [Google]
41MMdhIOsdL.jpg
28 KB, 319x500
Is this the best selection/translation of pessoa's poems?
>>
I really wouldn't know but Richard Zenith's edition of the Book of Disquiet is the best edition of the book. If you see Richard Zenith on the cover, buy it.
>>
>>8164460
is there much difference betwen Richard Zenith's version and Phillip Pullmans?
>>
Is this anything like BoD?
>>
My understanding is that Zenith's two collections are both solid, and there is very little overlap between them.

Fernando Pessoa and Co: Selected Poems
A Little Larger Than the Entire Universe: Selected Poems
>>
>>8164615
So they're two books with different poems, or do they each contain the same poems?
>>
>>8164760
>there is very little overlap between them
>>
>>8164763
So that means they're not the same works? Also, it looks like the book in the OP was translated by someone other than richard zenith. Maybe there's another version translated by richard zenith, or is that one good?
>>
Reading BoD atm, and it is so fucking good.

Did Pessoa ever have sex though?
Cause if not, that would make him the only wizard in the canon right?
>>
>>8165407
I think so.

He dated Ofelia for more than ten years but people are pretty sure he never actually had sex with her. Just kisses stolen at the entrance of the building where she lived, mostly.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.