[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I saw this on a list of right wing books. I was literally about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
I saw this on a list of right wing books. I was literally about to but it before hand but now I'm not sure I even want it. Is it still worth getting? I hate the right wing.
>>
the only good poems which he wrote it's those about jelicle cats and pollicle dogs
>>
>>8164185
Yes it is totally worth getting, just skip the shorter poems and read prufrock and the waste land along with a couple of the others. The ones about Sweeney are pretty anti-semitic, so skip them too, if you really are that afraid of the right wing.

Although, surely if you hate the right wing wouldn't you want to read the right-wing poems to 'know your enemy.' You can't really hate a whole political ideology but not read the literature. If you hated religion you wouldn't not read The Bible or The Koran would you?

I say buy it and read all the poems.
>>
>>8164185
Is that the chart which has Blake there lmao? That one's trash.

Eliot is not really concerned with politics in his poetry. He's never didactic. His aesthetic is conservative, but in an abstract civilisational way.

I can't say what you'd like or not, but considering Eliot is probably the most-read English poet of the 20th century, millions of people who aren't right-wing are able to perfectly enjoy his poetry.
>>
>>8164185
I'm a leftist and it's brilliant.

Stop being like the /pol/ and tumblr morons.
>>
>>8164185
Don't worry about it, he's just your average conservacuck dissenter, raves about muh christianity and muh empire a lot.

Doesn't contain any actually dangerous wrong-think like Celine, Mishima or Pound.
>>
File: 081.gif (204 KB, 600x538) Image search: [Google]
081.gif
204 KB, 600x538
>>8164242
>>8164248
>>8164185
>like omg I can't read this problematic author because he was right wing
>mfw leftists
>>
>>8164258
who the hell are you quoting fag
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.