[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey I'm really bad with story structure, I've writ
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: hemingway.jpg (349 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
hemingway.jpg
349 KB, 1000x750
Hey I'm really bad with story structure, I've written something that I quite like in essence but I know the structure isn't great and I was wondering if somebody with good literary criticism could help me shape the story better?
I make no apologies, I am a beginner, thanks.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bcY3LQrOkZs7LJ_vG8Ex6yKOylKqjTgGhIxH1d5wjuc/edit?usp=sharing
>>
Awful to say the least
>>
>>8162353
>I was wondering if somebody with good literary criticism could help me shape the story better
kys dood
>>
>>8162369
>>8162374
I doubt you've read the whole thing in that time which is just poor critical skills
>>
>>8162353
I read the whole of it. I can confirm it's awful.
>>
Thanks thats really helpful
>>
shifting from nick's pov to the mob's is kind of jarring. the first sentence is bland. the daughter has zero personality. paul and the mob's motivations are unclear.
>>
the story appears to be there but yeah the writing is terrible. sorry. read more and write more.
>>
>>8162353

“I just can’t join you at the precinct today, Paul. I’m sorry.” he said, looking him in the eye.

“Fucking pussy.” he heard the Longsight lad say under his breath.

I'm getting excited!
>>
I really need clearer feedback.. one last attempt please. Whats wrong is it my sentence structure?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.