[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>you never went to Eton or Westminster and then Baliol College
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
>you never went to Eton or Westminster and then Baliol College or Christ Church College or Corpus Christi College, Oxford and then inevitably became a famous patrician later

How do I not kill myself due to this feel? I did very well at school but if I had gone to those places I would have been typical, not the huge outlier. How can anyone expect to achieve anything without being surrounded by patricians?
>>
>>8162194
I went to Harrow, then Balliol College. I agree you are probably fucked.
>>
Why is it so easy to empathise with 1930s British politicians and their later lives? Chamberlain's last 5 years get me every time.
>>
I went to a grammar school then King's College Cambridge.
>>
More than 10% of the best UK high-flyers were educated at a handful of prestigious private schools, new research suggests. It found that 10 elite fee-paying schools produced 12% of the leading high-flyers examined for the study.

Eton College - the former school of David Cameron, Boris Johnson, the Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry - educated 330 high-flyers, a total of 4% of the UK's elite, the study says. Among other former Eton pupils are Olympic gold medallist Sir Matthew Pinsent and actors Hugh Laurie and Dominic West.

Alongside Eton, the other nine top private schools, collectively teaching 12% of those whose education backgrounds were examined, are Winchester College, Charterhouse School, Rugby School, Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg's old school Westminster, Marlborough College, Dulwich College, Harrow School, St Paul's Boys' School, where Chancellor George Osborne was educated, and Wellington College.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/educationnews/9689795/Public-schools-retain-grip-on-Britains-elite.html
>>
>>8162194

Why would you envy Anthony Eden? His life went to pure hell.
>>
I went to a couple of prestigious private schools (not quite Eton or Harrow but very good) then spilled spaghetti out of all orifices in my interview for Christs, Cambridge. Still, met some nice folks up there. Look forward to starting my second choice. At the very least it'll be less stressful.
>>
>>8162244
What's your second choice?
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.