[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hypothetically I've never read a book in my entire life.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1365475090228.jpg (418 KB, 747x1417) Image search: [Google]
1365475090228.jpg
418 KB, 747x1417
Hypothetically I've never read a book in my entire life. Where should I start if I want to become more well read than 99% of the population?
>>
You should start by not wanting to be more well read than other people. Comparing yourself to other people is what 99% of the population does that stops them from being so well read, other than reading. Just read and see the book from your own perspective; and if you don't know what that is yet reading can help with that too.
>>
Why do 4channers often have this deep need of comparing themselves to other people and seek to be 'statistically' superior? It's a really sad and juvenile way of thinking
>>
>>8161609
Whats the point if I'm not superior to others?

Still looking for a place to start.
>>
>>8161579
If you've never read a book start with some good children's lit and genre fiction, then move onto highschool-teir /lit/ and start the Greeks. In 1-2 years you'll be more well read than 99% of adults
>>
>>8161628

>whats the point if im not surperior

Go back
>>
>>8161628
Please leave
>>
For whatever reason, I'd start with Huck Finn.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.