[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any Tolkienites here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: images (4).jpg (19 KB, 506x291) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
19 KB, 506x291
Any Tolkienites here?
>>
On the fucking books board? Are you serious?
>>
unfortunately
>>
I have a question. What exactly is the purpose of Merry and Pippin? It's been about 10 years since I've read LotR, and I vaguely recall them doing something actively, but moviewise they do nothing except be present when events take place. Then they're treated with the same reverence that Sam and Frodo are treated with at the end? Bullshit.

Is the only reason they were allowed join the Fellowship because hobbits are sturdy when it comes to the Ring's influence, and they needed a few extra bearers in case Frodo then Sam died?
>>
No. Tolkein was an evil racist shitlord white devil and /lit/ is a bastion of inclusiveness and justice.

Take that white male shit to >>>/pol/.
>>
>>8162751
we fucking hate nonwhites and women, you newfag cuck
>>
>>8162724
they convinced the ents to fuck up isengard and pip saves gandalfs life
>>
>>8162754
are we not counting dykes and traps as women any more?
>nonwhites
>implying ireland's white
you're not even good at racism. 2/10, confused enough to respond
>>
>>8162724
Merry stabbed the king of Angmar, plus he was the leader of the four hobbits. Pippin was useless, though.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.