[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/lit/ critique thread?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: SvKaX3e.png (17 KB, 624x235) Image search: [Google]
SvKaX3e.png
17 KB, 624x235
Post your shit, pic related its some freewriting I never finished.
>>
File: bn225014.jpg (32 KB, 450x357) Image search: [Google]
bn225014.jpg
32 KB, 450x357
>>8160383
>>
What would /lit/ rather see:

>a young man forced into the service of a noble woman he loved from afar after seeing her murder a man, and slowly realizing she was a monster from seeing her work and later going father to know he still loves her despite that

>mercenary company behind the lines of a siege just at it is broken, members witnessing the death of the ruler of the city's brother. A wrong place at the right time story as his death allots them something extra, but shunts them into a game they didn't know existed until then.

The second one honestly is the retelling of a TTRPG I GM'd. It was in a homebrewed system and setting that has its aesthetics for flora and fauna modeled after the Cambrian explosion.

I need to get back to writing again (wrote three novels years ago, haven't written in two years however) and need a place to start.

Honestly neither of these ideas sound stellar, but I need to start somewhere until my creativity returns.
>>
File: vesensample1.png (20 KB, 503x176) Image search: [Google]
vesensample1.png
20 KB, 503x176
I'm writing a religious scripture of some sort and I'm still in the creation phase

Here's the first little sample
>>
File: vesensample2.png (29 KB, 493x252) Image search: [Google]
vesensample2.png
29 KB, 493x252
>>8160437
second one

By "creation phase" I meant the part focused on the creation of the world
>>
>>8160437
put joyce down
>>
>>8160448
no
>>
>>8160452
then at least learn more about how language works and maybe actually read some creation myths
>>
>>8160437
>>8160439

i'll read this but only if it's 1200 or more pages

i don't want to waste some of my time; i want to devote all of it
>>
Lately an idea to write something about a teacher stuck in my head.

Basically, it's a three part story about a teacher that starts relatively simple. She's a bit touchy because, well, she hasn't accomplished anything, doesn't have any meaningful relationships and is a teacher. First part is largely about setting up cast and getting to know her character through interactions with other characters, as she's resistant to open up to people, but is forced to work with them. Mostly the ones she'll be interacting with aren't her students, but rather their parents or whoever raises them if they have such a figure, as they allow to work with a bit more mature themes rather than kids.

Cast is set up, next part is a cliche fight between a teacher and very bad class. Class she's assigned to is nothing like previous one and main antagonist is child of criminal lord who through bribery allows such class exist unpunished, despite school being fairly normal. They basically do whatever they want and abuse our main character. But our main character doesn't back down, because she was hard pressured previously in her life and she wasn't doing anything about it, she was just taking hits in hope that it'll one day stop, it did stop, but she's forced to take hits again and this time she thought that as a teacher she should fix this class. The point is that in the middle of coming up with a plan on how to fix them something happens and it disbands class to different schools. She's actually viewed as a hero by her co-workers and she gains some respect, what happened would even hit the news, but this isn't what she wanted to accomplish. She becomes an emotional wreck, because she didn't fix the problem, she removed it.

Third part is a bit weird to explain. It mainly serves as a healing process of our main character who left her work place and was given an opportunity to start her small business. She became rather an emotional wreck after the events she suffered and decision was most likely on impulse. She is being accompanied by a character that would often share scenes of rather romantic undertones with our main character, but they never actually hook up. It's a little hard to explain to me how it works in raw right now, mainly because I haven't even actually started working on it, but in third part I promise I am going somewhere.

Would you read shit like this?
>>
>>8160422
The second scenario sounds far more interesting. Good luck on your return!
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.