[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what are some story themes you enjoy or wanna see more of? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: very refreshing.jpg (4 KB, 125x110) Image search: [Google]
very refreshing.jpg
4 KB, 125x110
what are some story themes you enjoy or wanna see more of? I personally enjoy characters trying to find purpose in life, but that's been done a million times before
>>
>>8160116
Inability of communication between people - "Tower of Babel".
Virtue of ignorance and malignity of knowledge, or another way round - "The Fool".
Man creating something bigger than man, emergence
>>
>>8160116
characters who, after a period of turmoil or despondence or failed plans, find comfort and solace in some small thing
>>
There's a neat story by J.G. Ballard about the remains of a giant that washes ashore. People come and start vandalising the corpse, stealing bodyparts, destroying it, etc. and eventually it disappears and they doubt it existed in the first place. I like that idea; of people destroying something profound by their own tokenisms and having to live in the aftermath of their decadence.
>>
>>8160133
There's this one japanese light novel that has a part in it about an ancient and powerful creature that wished to learn about itself. It couldn't find any trace of its own origin, or anything similar to itself. Except it saw the faintest reflection of itself in humans. It had taken on the form of a young human woman in an attempt to interact with and learn from them, but was constantly disappointed. She gives up, things happen, and she becomes the wife of human. Then she founds out that she can reproduce with humans, inadvertently learning just a little about herself.

I would like to see more stories about the limits of what is considered human, and what the thoughts and actions of something "above" that would be like.
>>
A young teenage boy struggling out from depression after being sexually assaulted.
>>
>>8160116
People losing their humanity due to the perceived connectivity of the internet.

Ideals slowly corrupting and becoming evils. ( I know this is a classic theme, but I just love it every time)

And finally, Self-fulfilling prophecy is probably my favorite theme in literature.
>>
>>8160116
I enjoy characters who, on the contrary, do not find any purpose in life and are thus brought to desperation and suicide.
>>
File: 1464853410025.jpg (437 KB, 1600x1142) Image search: [Google]
1464853410025.jpg
437 KB, 1600x1142
>>8160116
I like plague stories.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.