[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which of his Books do you recommend?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: Jmaistre.jpg (52 KB, 683x899) Image search: [Google]
Jmaistre.jpg
52 KB, 683x899
Which of Joseph de Maistre's books to you recommend for a pleb who's interested in counter-enlightenment?
>>
Don't know the author but for counter-enlightenment the works of Jonathan Swift are top notch.
>>
Anyone? ;-;
>>
>>8159680
Hamann you fucking son of a bitch, also, how the fuck can you even care about the counter-enlightenment without even knowing shit about the Enlightenment, what are you going to do, read the various critiques (Schelling, Kierkegaard, Marx, Feuerbach, and modern, etc.) of Hegel without even knowing anything about Hegel. Yeah ok man. What do you expect to do, read fiery philosophical polemics and just nod along and go 'yeah huh Ok I guess you're totally right about that dude, nice...'

Ah wait you're a /pol/fag, I see.
>>
>>8159680
considerations sur la france
>>
>>8159680
Considerations is your first bet. If you've read either Bacon or jean-jack, read his attacks on them. The latter is full of rage and extremely funny, even more than Hume's and Voltaries attack him.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.