[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
frankfurt school, ccru, etc.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 1463192481086.jpg (85 KB, 700x496) Image search: [Google]
1463192481086.jpg
85 KB, 700x496
sup /lit/

what background reading (and secondary readings -- iirc these guys are hard as fuck to understand?) should i know to prepare for and understand the post/structuralists and nick land and shit? these theories on accelerationism and transhumanism seem cool, and i'd like to know what they're talking about.

i've already started with the greeks, but i want to approach these guys concurrently bc muh impatience

thanks
>>
>>8159410
>anime
>muh
>bc
>nick land

Kill yourself
>>
>>8159410
I've prepared a chart for your benefit OP, its your lucky day.
>>
>>8159424
That shit is fucking hilarious
>>
here you go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up3_u-4HD_w
>>
>>8159410
Read both of D&G's capitalism and schizophrenia (or the first at the very least) and lots of sci-fi
>>
>>8159410

>Step 1
Plato

>Step 2
Marx
Nietzsche
Freud

>Step 3
some introductory secondary text
(I read 'Beginning Theory')

>Step 4
Saussure

At this point, you will be ready to poison your brain with whatever feminist/marxist/post-structuralist/whatever type of continental philosophy/critical theory or whatever the fuck you want to call it seems most appealing to you.

The fundamental outlook of this stuff is 'anti-essentialist' so it's good to read Plato, who is THE 'essentialist' to understand what they are arguing against. Most of this stuff will assume prior knowledge of Marx, Nietzsche, Freud & Saussure so it's pretty much mandatory to at least watch a few youtube videos on these guys (if you are a lazy bastard). A good intro text will help give you the basic ideas of thinkers like Foucault or Derrida who deliberately write in a frustratingly obtuse way as part of their project.

Have fun!

>>8159537

Probably a terrible starting point. I haven't read this but the full title is "Anti-Oedipus: Capitalism & Schizophrenia" so it probably makes no sense to read this unless you've read Freud, right?
>>
File: Rhizome.jpg (82 KB, 600x378) Image search: [Google]
Rhizome.jpg
82 KB, 600x378
>>8159566
>asks about nick land
>dismisses the deleuzian new metaphysics the dark enlightenment is fuelled by

A terrible starting point sure, but bear in mind the introduction of part 2 discusses the mode of 'rhizomatic' thinking, which is not a linear model of thought but rather a network of multiplicity and difference which progresses outwards from the middle. No starting point thus needed - Delueze himself thought those would best understand his works (especially C&S) were those with no formal training in all this fashionable nonsense
>>
autism
>>
>>8159505
>rage against the machine
>leftypol
my sidddes
>>
>>8159424
>>8159566
>>8159757
aren't ccru all about new right interpretations of marxist theory, though?
>>
>>8159825
I mean god knows what they actually believe, but anti-oedipus is an attempt to reconcile marx with freud. Land does a lot of stuff w/r/t desiring-production, breaks/flows of capital, coded information, desiring-machines etc. which is stone-cold deleuzian

Although its important to bear in mind that Land has come out as something of an ultra-rightist much of which deleuze would probably denounce for being too fascistic and wildly repressive
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.