[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was he a shit author?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: l-ron-hubbard.jpg (64 KB, 328x445) Image search: [Google]
l-ron-hubbard.jpg
64 KB, 328x445
Was he a shit author?
>>
Should have stayed in the cupboard desu
>>
>>8159295
he was pretty good in Better Call Saul
>>
i actually set out to read "Battlefield Earth" at one point. there were a few places where it was actually approaching not that bad - like when the Psychlos were concealing the circuitry for their teleporter behind other circuitry that didn't do anything..

. and there were places where the text seemed like it was written by a twelve-year-old, like when the protagonist was breaking into a building through the revolutionary technique of smashing a fucking window. it's almost like he wrote the shit parts and got a hack in to write the rest.
>>
>>8160635
I suppose it's just as well that the movie was shit too.
>>
yeah he was

who is that
>>
>>8160656
the movie was shit for different reasons, but, yeah.

i started to write an outline for a 'grimdark' reboot of Battlefield:Earth, where the Psychlos were made out to be the good guys and the humans, in particular "Johnny Goodboy" were complete assholes. it was fun to write, but there is no way in hell it'd ever be made.
>>
File: Hubbard.jpg (50 KB, 609x370) Image search: [Google]
Hubbard.jpg
50 KB, 609x370
>>8160898
the all-powerful founder of the church of scientology and first all-clear on the planet Teegeeack (earth)!
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.