[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is the most boring piece of shit i've ever read
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 63033.jpg (34 KB, 280x400) Image search: [Google]
63033.jpg
34 KB, 280x400
This is the most boring piece of shit i've ever read
>>
k
>>
How? The structure is interesting enough alone to read it.
>>
>reading translations
>>
>>8159188
How far into are you? Granted first complete of pages are dull and it is aimless wandering but once you near the end of Mexicans Lost in Mexico you'll be hooked.
>>
>>8159406
Not OP, I was very into the first part where the young dropout enters the world of avant-garde writers.

But the second part, the interminably long part where they wander around Europe and Latin America acting like douche-bags, sleeping on couches doing nothing, was such trash, especially after the enjoyable 2666
>>
>>8159421
I enjoyed 2666, but the book is seriously:
>part 1: Academics fuck and are conflicted about their feeling, vol. 234
>part 2: This magical realism thing is cool, I should insert some spooky is-he-mad-or-is-it-real fragment into my book
>part 3: Literally True Detective season 2
>part 4: List of ships is pretty good, how about dead women instead of ships and make it ten times longer. Also, every piece of critique about this part will be refuted with "that's the point", good luck
>part 5: Europe Central 2: now with even more obvious themes!
>>
I didn't care for it myself. I'm mostly into 19th century classics, but I love the occasional 'postmodernist tome' like The Recognitions or Sot-Weed Factor and this just did nothing for me.

I didn't care for a single character and its narrative seemed to be a long winded and over elaborate 'On The Road'.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.