[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what do you guys think about books like this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (98 KB, 534x760) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98 KB, 534x760
what do you guys think about books like this?
>>
>>8159186
I wouldn't read it. I don't care if other people do.
>>
little pop-trivia versions of what a person who hasn't read Nietzsche thinks about Nietzsche. The only people who would read it are millenials who are conditioned not to expect reading to be challenging
>>
>>8159186

I've read a few of them. They're pretty good. Of course they aren't too in depth (still 100 times better than those "wacky culture nerd" youtube videos), but it says right there it's meant to be an introduction. The bibliographies in the back points to a good list of primary and secondary texts to read for further study.

The drawings can be kind of ugly though. Fuck you Piero Scaruffi.
>>
how do yall feel about the portable Nietzsche?
>>
File: 9780394509211-us.jpg (33 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
9780394509211-us.jpg
33 KB, 375x500
>>8159186
This shit is fucking funny, may read to my kids.
>>
>>8159414
jesus, wish i had the trotsky one.
I've got Marx, Mao and The French Revolution
>>
>>8159186
I've got the Camus version. Already having read almost all his novels, essays, notebooks, and plays, when I read the graphic guide, it actually was a fairly solid intro to his philosophy. Like another post said, it doesn't go in depth but it does provide a basic framework about his various books and ideas found throughout his writings. If you want more, you'll have to read the author's stuff but it's worth having/reading imo
>>
>>8159186
Holy shit that cover
>>
Some are good. Some aren't good.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.