[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /lit/, medfag here. I've been growing tired of studying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
Hello /lit/, medfag here. I've been growing tired of studying Medicine from a purely biological and statistical standpoint, so I decided to get into philosophy because it might help me view Medicine from a different standpoint.
I decided to start with Kant. I read the first 50 pages of this and gave up because I didn't understand it very well. Any advice on what to do to understand it better?
>>
>>8158767
>starting with Kant

You went do and done did goof'd
>>
>>8158767

greeks
>>
>>8158793

lol
>>
>>8158767
Start with a historical survey to get yourself situated. I recommend:

Anthony Kenny - 'A New History of Western Philosophy': https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/14828803-a-new-history-of-western-philosophy

Then you will be in a better position to decide what to explore next.
>>
>>8158767
Johansson, I. & Lynoe, N., 2008. Medicine & Philosophy: A twenty-first century introduction

Gifford, F., ed. 2011 Philosophy of Medicine

Lee, K., 2012. The Philosophical Foundations of Modern Medicine

Marcum, J.A., 2008. An Introductory Philosophy of Medicine
>>
>>8158767

I couldn't get past the very first page without feeling like a retard.

Also, Kant is basically Christianity for nostalgic secularists, so you're not missing much.
>>
>>8158817
>Kant is basically Christianity for nostalgic secularists

No.
>>
>>8158826

My bad.

Nostalgic atheists/agnostics.
>>
>>8158839
Kant is actually probably the best gateway for turning atheists into Christians.
>>
>>8158767
>>
>>8158839
CPR has nothing to do with religion, jackass.
>>
>>8158880

And you have nothing to do with being gay homo.

LOL
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.