[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come /lit/ never talks about this book? It's one of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: BelovedNovel.jpg (45 KB, 303x426) Image search: [Google]
BelovedNovel.jpg
45 KB, 303x426
How come /lit/ never talks about this book? It's one of the best novels of the past centuries?
>>
>>8158358
this is b8 right?
if not- it's because it's written by a black woman and those two words put together cause the sweaty mutants that populate this site to both rage impotently and masturbate furiously
>>
>>8158358
Because it's the obvious choice for pseuds and /lit/ rightly recognizes Song of Solomon as her true masterpiece.
>>
>>8158358
>author is non-white
>author is non-male

Yeah, they don't belong here.
>>
>>8158364

That's kinda what I assumed. Quite a shame, she is a worthy successor of Faulkner.
>>
>>8158391
What an odd comparison
>>
>>8158366
this. Song of Solomon and Jazz are her only best novels
>>
>>8158364
kek
>>8158366
>/lit/ rightfully recognizes Song of Solomon as her true masterpiece

Song of Solomon isn't by Stirner, Pynchon, or John Green, so /lit/ has no idea what it is.
>>
Take a wild guess
>>
>>8158391

I have only read Beloved, but I thought her style and setting are similar to Faulkner.
>>
>>8158402
> patronizing /lit/

Maybe you should lurk more. Do you know how many threads we've had about Song of Solomon's ending? It's practically a meme here.

Suffice it to say your preference for Beloved betrays your plebe-status.
>>
>>8158397
it's not, really. she is often grouped with faulkner and/or gabriel garcia marquez
>>
PLEASE kill yourself. I'm not joking. I'm at church right now, kneeling in the pews, begging and pleading with God Almighty above for you to kill yourself.
>>
song of solomon is the worst book i've ever read

morrison is garbage

this is completely independent of any /pol/ posting or anything. i hate /pol/ but morrison is a disgrace on literature.
>>
>>8158425
it's a women, what do you expect? they can't think and don't know about the deep meaning of life or true love
>>
>>8158364
>>8158374
>>8158410
>>8158427
>I haven't read the book but my opinion on it is more correct than yours
>>
>>8158437
what on earth are you blabbering on about
>>
>>8158366
i liked beloved, but fucking hated song of solomon. Guitar? who the fuck names a character fucking Guitar?
>>
>>8158442
*tips safe middle-brow pick because muh NY Times*

Read it again.
>>
It's an okay book and the memories of slavery hit hella hard, but the ending is a big "what" and felt kinda sloppy.

The chapter that goes theough the 3 female characters minds was real great tho
>>
>>8158442
I named my character Guitar after reading Song of Solomon.

Honestly, I take offense. Fuck you.
>>
>>8158437
>thinking you need to read women or nonwhites to know whether a book is good or bad

You're brainwashed
>>
HAROLD BLOOM: Beloved is not so great, song of solomon is her masterpiece

/LIT/: ...is her masterpiece, in my personal opinion.
>>
>>8158445
hahaha you're shit and your book is shit

kill yourself
>>
>>8158358
>African American authors writing about race and shared trauma

JUST
>>
File: marlon-james-author-interview.jpg (1 MB, 1943x3000) Image search: [Google]
marlon-james-author-interview.jpg
1 MB, 1943x3000
reminder that this is the only /lit/ approved black author
>>
>>8158568
>reading for plot
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.