[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Techniques:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 47174896.jpg (916 KB, 1964x2400) Image search: [Google]
47174896.jpg
916 KB, 1964x2400
Do you guys take notes while you read? I find it difficult to remember main themes and examples for later discussion. (Reading for entertainment. Not for school).
>>
I've been thinking of taking notes. Imy a slow reader but I still lose specific details and memorable passages a month or so after reading. Let's take notes together and meet up sometime, me and you. Would be nice.
>>
Nah, I just read for pleasure anyway, it's not like I'm out to impress some anemic intellectual scene clinging desperately to the arse end of western society.
>>
>>8154601
I don't think wanting to remember information about literature, because you feel like you can positively gain from it, is necessarily something connected to the desire to "impress some anemic intellectual scene." But, if that's an identity you're wrestling with, maybe keep it inside so you don't interfere with discussion/make people feel they are perceived as a projection of you just because of their desire to better themselves.
>>
>>8154565

>Do you guys take notes while you read?

Yes. Almost always.

>>8154601

That was a whole lot of projecting over a comparative non-issue.
>>
>>8154601
You just scream insecurity
>>
>>8154565
No.
If non fiction I may underline the text and write comments when I think something is relevant. It helps me remember the text better.
With fiction, I like to keep the texts intact.
>>
>>8154565

I dog-earred a lot of pages when I was reading Nietzsche's stuff.

That's about it.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.