[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Flashfiction
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (354 KB, 2192x1233) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
354 KB, 2192x1233
How many of you actually write flashfiction? Do you want to share something?
>>
One paragra[h at a time to not hit word limits. here we go. (It's not great.)
Anna reclined peacefully in her chair, curled up with a book for a relaxing day of from work. Her black hair was unbrushed for her lazy day. It lay haphazardly over her shoulders and across her back. Her dainty hand turned a page in the small novel. The house was quiet and calm.
Suddenly, Anna felt a cold chill come over her. She instinctively tried to shake it off, but the chill was still there. So she got up and walked toward her thermostat to adjust it. When she had walked three steps away, she no longer felt the chill. She thought it odd, but checked the thermostat regardless. It still read seventy-four degrees Fahrenheit, so the thermometer in the thermostat hadn't detected the change in temperature. Anna shrugged it off and sat back down.
>>
>>8154434
After a moment, the chill returned. Anna tried getting up and walking away again. Once more, the chill was gone with distance. “Must be a draft from somewhere,” Anna dismissed. She took her book to her kitchen and sat at her counter to read with a glass of water.
About half an hour passed before the same chill returned. Anna was worried now. She went to check the thermostat again, not stopping when the chill stopped again, and saw that, yes, the temperature was steadily seventy-four and the air conditioner was not active. Anna thought she had been too stressed at work, so she attributed the strange phenomena as her tired mind playing tricks. “You win,” Anna conceded aloud, and she grabbed her book to return to bed. Sleep came quickly.
>>
>>8154436
The next day went without incident. Anna went back to work at the bank and came home after her shift. It was rather uneventful, all things told. When she got home, she smiled at the thought of successfully relieving herself of all that pent-up stress.
However, while preparing dinner, Anna felt the same chill come over her again. As an experiment, she tried to walk to the other side of the kitchen and back. After a few steps, the chill was gone and by the time she returned to her original position it was gone from there as well. She got back to preparations and ignored the chill when it came back this time.
When she put dinner in the oven, she realized the chill was only getting worse after twenty minutes. With a huff, she walked into the living room, and her eyes widened when she realized the chill now followed her. She walked slowly, desperately to the thermostat, hoping she could just turn up the heat and make it all better. When she got close to the thermostat, however, the chill was gone immediately, and she read it anyway: seventy four degrees.
>>
>>8154440
Anna had just one more idea before calling a home inspector to check for any plausible causes. She moved her favorite chair over to the thermostat, and sat in the chair for a few moments. Ten minutes passed by, and Anna was getting frustrated, but the chill settled over her again. This time, the proximity to the thermostat caused the heater to kick on. Anna smiled victoriously.
“Well, shit,” came an irritated voice.

END
>>
>>8154065
I received a letter from Berthgurth: "Darling have this cake, and this razor blade. Kisses B.B". There was no cake, just blade. Delayed by the post-office they say, never to be seen again. She came later that night, praised my skin for some reason (a fetish I think, one of a kind), and introduce me to her new fiancé, "l'artiste," as she calls him. He designs trousers, in the shape of birds and mammals. She say goodbye, and laughed and hugged the trouser-man. Last week I was introduced to another ex, the pamphlet writer, just the day after the banjo man-encounter. Both drop where I stay for some reason, spoke loudly, call'd me when she orgasm. "Just a reminder," she said.
Nothing new to see.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.