[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How successful have your attempts been at learning another language?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Garcia_marquez_general.jpg (39 KB, 284x436) Image search: [Google]
Garcia_marquez_general.jpg
39 KB, 284x436
How successful have your attempts been at learning another language?

After noticing some of the translated spanish books I've been reading have horrible prose I thought something must have been lost in translation; also wanted to read some books in french (namely Les Miserables).

I actually know a good amount of spanish because I took a class on it in college and 3 years in HS, but I wanted to hear if anyone had much trouble with learning foreign languages, even without having to use it in real life (like how long it took, was it difficult, etc.)
>>
>>8153944
Not really, but i only learned english so far.
I want to learn german but i really cant find an use for it, and japanese is too much of a weeabo thing to do.
>>
I managed to learn French and German so far, and I consider myself perfectly fluent by now. I speak both regularly when working, and both are similar to English so it was quite easy to study. I'm currently learning Japanese and I have much more trouble. I barely speak it although I have been working on it for three years, and I cannot find opportunities to practice it. I'm considering asking to shift to our Tokyo branch. I've been speaking German and French for approximately ten years.
>>
>>8153944
Learning other languages is literally cuckolding. Use your national language and don't fall for globalist Jew tricks
>>
Learned Spanish, Latin, Ancient Greek, and Italian (still improving) from books. You have to keep practicing all of them forever to retain them. Spanish and Latin weren't too difficult as they have much more resources available for aid. Italian is coming along nicely due to knowledge from Latin and Spanish but there's less available resources. Ancient Greek was a bit tough, has even less resources and uses the Greek alphabet. I tried learning Japanese, memorized the hiragana and katakana then started on the kanji but gave up for personal matters; I might start again but I'm unsure.
>>
>>8153993
>Only use the language that your local government tells you to use
>>
>>8154007
Be proud of your race, idiot
>>
>>8154012
I'd rather be proud of my accomplishments
>>
>>8154030
Ur probably black or a women and hence too dumb to ever accomplish anything.
>>
>>8154035
what's far more likely is you're white and male and have nothing else you've done to be proud of, so you take what you can get
it's the same with the people who make manlet threads or fat humor threads

so go on, deflect this with your memes rather than face the reality of your sad life
>>
>>8154057
See western civilization, faggot. Built by white men
>>
>>8154062
yes and what's more, built by men with great personal strength and extensive educations

race had nothing to do with it. None of the scientific data that exists today suggests there is any gap at all in intelligence between the sexes or races when you control for education
>>
>>8154068
Lol yeah, research by jews
>>
>>8154068
if there's no discernible differences between races then wouldn't it make sense for at least one African nation to have reached the point of advanced civilisation independent of "white" influence?
>>
>>8154089
That doesn't follow
>>
>>8154089
these things are momentum-based

africa never had even the basic economic power to get past a tiny economy, unlike places like japan
besides, neither did south america but I never hear you guys talking about how subhuman latin americans are

anyways I didn't want this to devolve into a discussion of race so stop derailing the thread
you started this nonsense
>>
>>8154092
why was it that European and to an extent Asian nations have created demonstrably more advanced societies than Africans within the same time frame, even before the advent of imperialism?
>>
>>8153995
Curious, what books did you read in Spanish?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.