[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Donne
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: spanish.jpg (708 KB, 1536x2897) Image search: [Google]
spanish.jpg
708 KB, 1536x2897
I am in the market to get a full collection of Donne's poetry and was wondering if anybody could recommend a specific edition and why it would be better.

Right now I am looking at:

https://www.amazon.com/Complete-English-Poems-Everymans-Library/dp/0679405585/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1465689316&sr=8-5&keywords=Donne

and

https://www.amazon.com/Complete-Poetry-Selected-Library-Classics/dp/0375757341/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Maybe you all have a third recommendation which would be appreciated too. I want all the poetry he wrote but one of them has some of his prose but the other one is hardcover and I don't know anything about his prose work.
>>
>>8152771
Go with the Wordsworth one.
>>
>>8152778
It says collected though so it wouldn't be complete? Is it more portable is that what it has over the others?

Price doesn't matter by the way, they're all relatively cheap.
>>
>>8152787
collected is the same thing as complete

it really doesn't matter which one you get, get whichever looks best and whichever has the introduction by whoever interests you the most. also whichever has the least amount of editing done. footnotes etc are up to you, pick whichever has more or less depending on your wants. i didnt open your links. everyman's generally has decent footnotes and not too many of them. introductions vary but generally decent
>>
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0393926486

“Donald Dickson'sJohn Donne's Poetryis the best text of Donne now available. It is scrupulously edited, and equally useful for students and for scholars.”―Harold Bloom, Yale University
>>
>>8152829
>>8152829
I think I might go with everyman, I really like their edition of some of Rousseau's books.

>>8152840
>>8152840
Like I am going to listen to any Bloom but Allan plus it isn't complete.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.