[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone here ever had anything rejected by a publisher? If
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: How-About-No-06.jpg (99 KB, 640x384) Image search: [Google]
How-About-No-06.jpg
99 KB, 640x384
Has anyone here ever had anything rejected by a publisher? If so, what did they say?
>>
>>8152628
One guy knew by my writing that I was from /lit/
>>
>>8152908
The highest compliment. I look forward to your publication.
>>
>>8152628
The same 40 or so copy and paste emails about not taking on new clients or the novel not fitting with what they were looking for.

fuck 'em, i'll get there eventually
>>
>>8152917
It was a rejection letter, sadly. He said he received submissions "like" mine all the time, and that if I want to get published
I absolutely must quit "that site", as he had yet to meet one person in his or any neighboring publishing network who didn't get a
good laugh from the occasional fiction submissions made by 4chan posters.

That must have been four or five years ago. I've since had some poetry and a bit of short fiction published due in various ways to him,
owing to the relationship between us commenced by that first, very forgiving and encouraging rejection letter, and still not infrequently
we talk about that imageboard I used to frequent, how it's expanded and what's become of it, and the ways in which we might help all the
aspiring writers ensnared by it. His views in a subtle way always have been more indulgent than mine, though both of us stands
about the same: this is a place for writers of no talent. There is no person serious enough to end up one day published who spends time
here in any way but observing the fools at their inane amusements, at their onanistic claptrap. In observing the fatuous with their self-deception
all aiding one another; in observing the abject temerity of the dilettantes; in observing and becoming sick at the level of blightedness and
philistinism found with every scroll and click; in observing and, with hope, learning from each disgusting solecism, each infelicity of
aesthetic perception, each and every stupid bastard talking from beyond his facade of parody and irony, and, to speak for once within the
frivolous, risible little symbol set within which all communication here must take place--in the sorry observation of every last God damn
plebeian on this fucking website. This more or less constitutes the beliefs shared by my publisher and me. To tell the truth, our talk of
aiding the aspiring writers of /lit/ never was unironical. Never without our fullest assertion of the bitterest, most spirit-hardening
irony we could muster, in fact. You wouldn't believe how good it feels gazing at this community from behind the gates, surrounded by magazines
with my fucking name on the cover. You don't know how glad I am I stopped coming here in time.
>>
>>8153220
Wew lad
>>
>>8152908
What was it about your writing that gave you away as a /lit/izen?
>>
>>8153220
really makes you think
>>
>>8153220
>In observing the fatuous with their self-deception
>all aiding one another; in observing the abject temerity of the dilettantes; in observing and becoming sick at the level of blightedness and
>philistinism found with every scroll and click; in observing and, with hope, learning from each disgusting solecism, each infelicity of
>aesthetic perception, each and every stupid bastard talking from beyond his facade of parody and irony, and, to speak for once within the
>frivolous, risible little symbol set within which all communication here must take place--in the sorry observation of every last God damn
>plebeian on this fucking website. This more or less constitutes the beliefs shared by my publisher and me. To tell the truth, our talk of
>aiding the aspiring writers of /lit/ never was unironical. Never without our fullest assertion of the bitterest, most spirit-hardening
>irony we could muster, in fact. You wouldn't believe how good it feels gazing at this community from behind the gates, surrounded by magazines
>with my fucking name on the cover. You don't know how glad I am I stopped coming here in time.
I almost thought you were serious until you posted that part. 5/10

Don't be so obvious next time.
>>
>>8153220
tl;dr
>>
>>8153220
Even if this is you having a laugh, shit like this is why I don't talk about the work I'm actually trying to get published here on /lit/. All I discuss in detail are my shitty writings and my awful fanfiction.
>>
>>8153346
This. /lit/ is basically a nuclear testing site.

Its fun but you dont wanna live next to it
>>
>>8153346
you should never try to get work published here on /lit/
>>
>>8153399
The words "weapons grade autism" come to mind.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.