[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Taking a shot in the dark here, but has anyone read anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 1434427125312.gif (955 KB, 310x221) Image search: [Google]
1434427125312.gif
955 KB, 310x221
Taking a shot in the dark here, but has anyone read anything by Rainbow Rowell and what did you think?

The entire English department at my university is obsessed with Rainbow Rowell, and after about a year of people urging me to read this, I finally did, and I thought it was shit. It's like the Mumford and Sons of books or something.
>>
Transfer to a better school
>>
File: fangirl.jpg (449 KB, 2043x3030) Image search: [Google]
fangirl.jpg
449 KB, 2043x3030
>>8151827
I have no idea how I uploaded a pic of John Cena instead of the book I referenced, but this is the book I'm talking about.
>>
>>8151827
>is an American author of young adult and adult contemporary novels
Her first name really is Rainbow and she writes YA. That ells you what it should tell you.
>>
>>8151873
Sheesh, to add to this, read the book's wiki page.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fangirl_(novel). I pity your English department, anon.
>>
explode bombs inside your English department please
>>
Give the protagonist mental/social issues and YA readers shit themselves
>>
>>8151842
Judging that book by its cover, it looks like vapid shit pandering to tumblr
>>
What do you think John Cena reads?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.