[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm trying to write something about the movie interstellar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: kant1.jpg (227 KB, 918x536) Image search: [Google]
kant1.jpg
227 KB, 918x536
I'm trying to write something about the movie interstellar being watched by Kant, specifically the part where they get to the planet near the black hole gargantua, in that planet 1 hour spent there is equal to 7 years in planet earth, 3 guys go down there and 1 stays in the ship, what if the guy in the ship has a live feed of the 3 guys down there, how would he watch it using the knowledge of kant

Can he use the knowledge like knowing that the stars light that we get in earth are just lights from the past

I know it sounds retarded but I have no where else to go
>>
Why are you trying to write this?
>>
>>8151110
Not OP but I thought this sort of thing would be quite interesting a few years ago. Like Kant's philosophy relies a lot on that kind of Newtonian/Cartesian "empty space is like a stage" type of metaphysics as its starting point, so how does it react to a situation where that is no longer true? Or how must it change regarding new theories of how the universe works? That sort of thing.
>>
A better idea would be sitting down and having a long think about how you've gotten to the point where this is what you've decided is worth expending effort on and make an attempt to do something else
>>
>>8151480
I don't think Kant's metaphysics is really affected by physical theories. He posits that man necessarily experiences spatially because that's the form of his sensation. So nothing sensible that you present contradicts him, and it doesn't really matter what you induce about the nature of the universe - we induce non euclidean geometry, which folk didn't know about in Kant's day, but still nobody perceives anything that's not in 3D etc.
>>
>>8151906
It's non euclid an space time tho. I quite like the OP one, brings it back to human experience
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.