[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where does /lit/ like to publish their short stories? Do you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 7dTOhmq.jpg (84 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
7dTOhmq.jpg
84 KB, 640x640
Where does /lit/ like to publish their short stories? Do you prefer print or online?
>>
>>8150982
>publish
>
>>
>>8150982
Why are tublrites so narcissistic they screencap their own worthless reaction to something?
>>
>>8151030
But 4chan does the exact same..
>>
tin house or bust
>>
Nobody reads short stories and frankly agents and publishers don't give a shit either. They'll pay you basically nothing if they do pick your work and the competition is fierce even for a non-paying website run by students for a shitty college.

Print or online? It doesn't matter. The prestige of the publication is all that matters and you're only going to get published in places where your work will fit anyway.

Obviously nearly all the more prestigious ones are in print, but you're on /lit/ and you don't have an agent so you have no chance of getting into them.
>>
>>8151101
not that guy, but usually people here would just post the original image, not the same image with their own lolsoxd funny commentary under it.
>>
File: 1453333597984.jpg (54 KB, 540x472) Image search: [Google]
1453333597984.jpg
54 KB, 540x472
>submitted one to my uni's magazine
>it's a stem school so nobody reads it or writes for it, they literally beg for submissions
>fairly certain they didn't get enough to publish the magazine at all this semester
>not sure what will happen to my story
>>
>>8152967
How do you even get an agent these days? I've been trying my hand at it for a while now, without any luck. I actually got one agent all the way to requesting my full manuscript once, but still got rejected.
>>
>>8153354
Your story is trash, just like your life.
>>
File: 1432156081634.jpg (503 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1432156081634.jpg
503 KB, 1920x1200
What are people's favorite freelance places, anyway?

Anybody have a list of sites they'd be willing to share?
>>
>>8153379

I don't know how they did it in the past, but "these days" you spend a lot of time researching agents.

You find one that has represented people with similar work then you submit some work to them.

Then you re-write the work so it isn't shit and send it again and again and again. You don't send it to four random agents and then cry because they didn't like your first attempt.
>>
Print.
>>
>>8151030
>>8151101
Laugh tracks for the modern age.
>>
dunno
>>
>>8152967

publications in literary journals are crucial for grants, fellowships, mfas etc.

if you just want to publish novels, past publishing history doesn't really matter for agents
also, I have a subscription to duotrope (literary journal database) if anyone wants specific stats for anything
>>
>>8150982

Why would I write short stories when nobody reads them?
>>
>>8153149
Here? Usually. On /b/, /v/ or /pol/? Hell no.

You've never seen those long lists of le funy meme reaction image?

For what it's worth, people are getting annoyed of it.
>>
>>8155498
thats mostly just when people screengrab for reddit
>>
>>8155326
>how to make nothing ever
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.