[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the very best anthologies you can get? I got a couple
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
What are the very best anthologies you can get? I got a couple hard copies of the norton anthology of poetry and modern poetry, that shit was cheap, around 10 bucks for both of them.
>>
>>8150527
I've got a bunch of Penguin Complete anthologies by single poets, they're good because even if you don't want something as overwhelming and predominantly mediocre as a complete collection you can get selected poems for most of the major figures.
>>
I've got all five volumes of the Norton Anthology of American Literature, Seventh Edition.

Shit's pretty cash.
>>
File: index.jpg (32 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
32 KB, 640x480
I'm so fucking jealous of the book prices Americans get.

I bought the second edition online and not only it's from 1975, so there are a bunch of newer editions out there, but it's also the shorter one and not the full version with 1000+ pages. For this I paid the equivalent of $14 in my country's currency excluding the delivery fee.

And then I open god-damned Amazon and see this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0393092402/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all
The complete version costs 1 fucking dollar! 5 dollars with the shipping. And to top everything I'm thinking my book may have been lost in the delivery, since it's been some days with no news on the mail website.

I wish the Lord would take me now.
>>
>>8150527
By the way, which editions did you get?
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.