[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>decide to try and avoid /lit/ (and 4chan in general) >first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1462333292094.jpg (94 KB, 291x273) Image search: [Google]
1462333292094.jpg
94 KB, 291x273
>decide to try and avoid /lit/ (and 4chan in general)
>first couple days sufferable
>thoughts fill up with nothing but /lit/ memes going unexpressed
>eventually this stops
>for the rest of the next couple weeks, spend most of free time reading
>don't feel the pressure of /lit/ while reading these books
>don't have to worry about what /lit/ would think if I told them I was reading these books
>don't have to worry about what memes I can make of, or the already existing memes around these books
>feel like I'm truly enjoying reading for the first time in my life
>overall more optimistic, energetic, and can concentrate better
>even try my hand at writing a short story (not a very good one, but proud of it anyway because it's truly mine)
>suddenly, out of nowhere, wonder what's happening on /lit/
>decide to go on /lit/, just for a minute or two
>a minute or two turns into 5 hours of reading and creating inane posts
>try to go back to reading
>tfw can barely read anything with the same pleasure and concentration as before

Does anyone else think /lit/ (and/or 4chan in general) is ruining their /lit/ life?
>>
Hello Michael Arnold
>>
Well now your solution is simple. Leave /lit/ again, and this time don't come back.
>>
>>8149024

If you browse 4chan for more than a few minutes a day, I think it's a really really good idea to take breaks like you described. Some people let this place poison their mind.
>>
>>8149024
Use Cold Turkey to block this site for a couple of months. If you still feel the urge after that, well, then you're the weakest link. If not, transcend the shitposting and enjoy the vapid shit for what it is.

>mfw no captcha :oo
>>
>>8149060
This guy gets it. I pop in here like twice a week to see what's going down, but to regularly visit this board would be unhealthy / toxic. Y'all rude.
>>
You're taking this too seriously.

I drop in once a day, scan my boards and fuck off.
If there's something interesting I stick around for a bit, maybe check in later in the day.

Don't shit post here all day constantly checking for new threads. It'll kill you.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.