[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I`m looking for a book like Majora's Mask. >Dark atmosphere
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Characters_(Majora's_Mask).png (947 KB, 600x830) Image search: [Google]
Characters_(Majora's_Mask).png
947 KB, 600x830
I`m looking for a book like Majora's Mask.

>Dark atmosphere
>Looming threat of death
>Subtle but growing discord
>Dissolution of moral values
>Not everyone can be helped
>Existential loneliness
>Eternal recurrence
>Grief and death

I consider those to be some of the themes presented in Majora's Mask. What bookshould portray these themes?
>>
File: pepe clasico rodger.jpg (262 KB, 780x1198) Image search: [Google]
pepe clasico rodger.jpg
262 KB, 780x1198
>>8149002
Pic related
>>
Hunchback of Notre Dame and Les Mis.
>>
>>8149002
The Fault In Our Stars
>>
Blindness
>>
/r/booksuggestions fag
>>
underworld by delillo desu
>>
Sorry, but you're literally looking for Infinite Jest.
>>
Titus Groan
>>
Blindness
The Plague
>>
>>8149002
my diary desu
>>
ITT Dark nihilistic with a wicked sense of humor !
Why are people even responding ?
>>
File: Legolas_and_Gimi[1].jpg (266 KB, 530x702) Image search: [Google]
Legolas_and_Gimi[1].jpg
266 KB, 530x702
>>8149002
Lord of the Rings has most of that and is probably the closest you're gonna get to Zelda in book form.

Also, A Song of Ice and Fire borrows concepts from Zelda and is pretty much exactly what you described.
>>
Blood meridian is the grown up version of everything you asked for.
>>
I'd recommend Kafka

>>8149684
>The Plague
this is good too

>>8149673
fuck off
>>
>>8149764
Thanks for responding.
>>
>>8149809
that's definitely a bit more intense than "themes from majoras mask".

He probably wants something more edgy and fantastical
>>
>>8149002
Book of the New Sun. Because of the dying sun, the atmosphere is literally dark. It hits every mark on your list as well.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.