[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone know any good literature on acting? Everything I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: grand budapest.jpg (164 KB, 675x1000) Image search: [Google]
grand budapest.jpg
164 KB, 675x1000
Does anyone know any good literature on acting? Everything I see is either the Meisner Technique, Stanislovski method, and those things. Is there any alternative theory/philosophy on acting?
>>
>>8148699
definitely off topic, but had anyone noticed the similarity between Kafka's narrative voice tone and dialogue style in The Trial and the choreography and mise en cine if the Grand Budapest?

When reading the Trial I noticed that mental the imagery of Kafka's world flowed congruently with the Anderson's over-regulated and engaging style.
>>
You're never going to make it. Suck it up and get a real career you pissbaby.
>>
>>8148730
No not at all, it sounds entirely relient on your own particular misreading of his work
>>
>>8148737
why not?
>>
>>8148737
You talk like you have to want to be a Hollywood star to be interested in acting, unless you're an unironic autist you act all the time in life
>>
>>8148751
You'll find out yourself.
>>
>>8148746
>misreading of his work
literally only referring to the way characters speak and move, not very probable to misread.
>>
>>8148755
Yeah im just trying to get back into it. I acted in shakespeare and improv all the way up to my senior year of highschool. Then I went to college for film/video and tried acting at the same time but just felt like it was too much of a shift in gears to keep going back and forth from. I really want to get back into it just for fun but i didnt even get callback to the community theatre play i just auditioned for so my ego kinda hurts but I just want to get better and not wallow in it.
>>
>>8148758
Was this a joke post? Or are you just retarded

Make no mistake, I'm seriously asking.
Because you seem to imply that one having "not" made it is an active process, and not just a state of a lack of one having made it.

I'm not even pep talking here, I literally don't understand ontologically the concept that you're proposing here. He already "hasn't made it". You already "haven't made it". I already "haven't made it". How does one go about actively managing to "not"-make it?
>>
>>8148699
More theatre orientated, but, The Empty Space by Peter Brook is excellent
>>
>>8150551
Can vouch for this, it's a good book.

Nick Moseley is a generally good author. Providing his own take on both Meisner and Stanislavski's techniques, he brings his own intepretation to the table for an easy read.
Acting and Reacting - Involves history of the aforementioned practitioners, as well as providing his own workshop examples.
Meisner in Practice - Similar to the above but focuses more on how to perform Meisner in a workshop environment.

I guess for other practitioners you have Stella Adler, Lee Strasburg, Jacques Lecoq and Max-Stafford Clarke who have all various books attributed to them. I've only read the latter. This was just me spilling whatever I can recall, so I hope it's been helpful.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.