[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck is a pseudo intellectual? What an arbitrary fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1408208784648.jpg (128 KB, 874x960) Image search: [Google]
1408208784648.jpg
128 KB, 874x960
What the fuck is a pseudo intellectual? What an arbitrary fucking word. People spew that word at me sometimes, they don't even refute my points, they just assert that I'm wrong. I guess my conclusions don't serve you? Lick the crusted smegma off the folds of my salty balls, you smily fucking cunt.
>>
you sound like a pseudo intellectual
>>
it means theyre mad cause they didnt understand what you said

OR

that youre trite and too smug

unless the person calling you this seems intelligent themselves then it's just a tantrum
>>
I've always felt it was someone who tries to act superior and intelligent without actually doing anything. They don't read great literary works, become masters in science or art but they still feel that they have the right to put other people down for things they understand only slightly better. They get all their knowledge from Ted talks, reddit, and shitty online articles. They basically get only the easily digestible info and then use it to feel superior. That's what I've always felt anyway
>>
>>8148595
this, but an important feature to not miss which points to the direction of someone being a pseud, is being vocal about such things. it's completely fine watching things that are easily digestible, as long as you do not act on it and spout you're knowledgeable
>>
>>8148580
Someone who pretends they're intelligent but really they're just kind of regurgitating shit they've read without any real understanding.

Basically a parrot.
>>
I always saw them as the academic equivalent of a hipster.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.