[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>read book >wow that was short >check the foreward >"A
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Angry_Pepe.jpg (39 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
Angry_Pepe.jpg
39 KB, 900x900
>read book
>wow that was short
>check the foreward
>"A few passages have been omitted which would offend modern ears"
>check Wikipedia
>literally half the book is missing
>>
What book?
>>
>>8148425
Christ I hate when this happens
>>
this thread is useless if you don't say what book
>>
>>8148558
the bible
>>
Get fucked you racist, anti semetic, patriarchal, homophobe.
>>
>>8148554
>>8148558

Gulliver's Travels, got it from Gutenberg and it didn't include Parts 3 & 4. I found the real version on Gutenberg after reading the shitty version, I'm going to have to reread the whole thing now.
>>
>>8148579
Weird - didn't think that book would fall under censorship.
>>
>>8148563

As a victim, I take offense at your choice of words. 'get fucked' is extremely triggering to victims. It is also phalloandrocentric.

Maybe you should take a moment to reflect on what effect your words have on others, shitlord.
>>
>>8148579
it would clearly be very upsetting to anyone else who was a survivor of the tyranny imposed by talking horses
>>
retard frogfaggot
>>
>>8148425
Unabridged or bust nigga.

Even as a small child I knew this.
>>
>>8148425
oh wow, babbies first censored book. You ever had a Reclam-Copy of Faust I and Götz von Berlichingen with half the fun censored out? Now that's bad.
>I'd post a pic of goatse because it would be related to my post, but I don't.
>>
>>8148722
As a trained toilet sanitation technician, I take offense to your use of "shit" a pejorative. It's important work that I do
>>
>>8148579
>Parts 3 & 4

Lol those are easily the best and most caustic parts. Science and the entire human race gets BTFOed.
>>
>>8148763
the talking horses clearly represent south american slavers
>>
>>8148722
'get fucked' is not phalloandrocentric, because women can fuck too.
Maybe YOU should take a moment to reflect on what effect your words have on others, you trump-voter.
>>
>>8148425
lmao learning to judiciously select editions and translations is a big part of becoming more comfortable lit. This is babby's first literary mistake.
>>
File: 1463233391670.jpg (116 KB, 650x381) Image search: [Google]
1463233391670.jpg
116 KB, 650x381
>>8148863
>saving goatse
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.