[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the most though provoking or mind fucking book you have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: mind.jpg (46 KB, 596x400) Image search: [Google]
mind.jpg
46 KB, 596x400
What is the most though provoking or mind fucking book you have ever read /it/ that just blew your mind away?
>>
File: 61mb+gPxylL._AC_UL320_SR216.jpg (30 KB, 216x320) Image search: [Google]
61mb+gPxylL._AC_UL320_SR216.jpg
30 KB, 216x320
>>
Atlas Shrugged
>>
I never read something similar OP
But i think that 1984 or Fanhreneit 451 gave me that feeling, i think
>>
>>8146925
Mason and Dixon
>>
probably diaspora by greg egan.
>>
Spinoza's Ethics. Had my first and only spiritual experience while reading it, perceived myself as a fundamental part of a cohesive whole
>>
My Diary, desu
>>
>>8147069
>still failing it

pure faggotry 2bh
>>
File: Infinite_jest_cover.jpg (28 KB, 300x464) Image search: [Google]
Infinite_jest_cover.jpg
28 KB, 300x464
>>
>>8147054
nigga you need to into zen or something that feel is the best shit ever
>>
>>8147244
>nigga
>zen
>that feel
>shit
Please, just go back to plebbit where you belong.
>>
>>8147162
This, desu
>>
>>8147148
Didn't realise t b h was spread across boards.
>>
>>8147054
Came here to post this
>>
That I actually have? I don't know I just finished reading St Augustine's Confessions and it was interesting in many ways. The latter parts deals heavily with theology and it was the first time I read about the matter.
I admit I had a hard time following his interpretation of the genesis at times, though.
Maybe it's time to delve deeper into christianity and actually read the Bible.
>>
>>8146925
It might be plebby to say, but Crime and Punishment really blow my mind. I've never been religious in my entire life which is probably the reason why it hit me so hard.
>>
>>8148145
>blow
*blew

fug...
>>
I think I chose what I read carefully enough to feel like this each time. Among the most challenging ones was Saint-Exupéry's "Wind, Sand and Stars". I still have chills reading it.
>>
>>8146925
At the time it was "The Art of Loving" by Fromm.
Shortly after that "Antichrist".
Looking back those were simply the first serious books I'd read.

Now nothing really surprises me anymore.
>>
>>8148155
You don't sound like much fun to hang out with amigo.
>>
For some reason a short story by delillo called human moments in ww3. Highly suggest it. Also maybe blood meridian
>>
>>8149666
Stop putting people down you devil
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.