[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Asking friends for writing critiques
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: hqdefault.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>friend starts writing critique group on WhatsApp
>he posts first page of his novel
>people like the world-building
>tell friend he's cramming too much into one page and suggest he should write more than a page before asking for critique
>post my own short story (full draft)
>one person says he doesn't think he will get it so he doesn't read it
>nobody else replies at all for days
>other friend asks for advice about how small a WMD could feasibly be made in the far future
>never get any feedback on my story
>tfw you're the cynical asshole of the group and your writing is probably bad too.
>>
I'll read your short story OP.
>>
>>8146381
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9yvb03R2qs
>>
File: troutman.png (1 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
troutman.png
1 MB, 1600x900
>>8146387
Some other time. It's for a contest, so I don't want to post it anywhere else until the results are released.

I think part of my problem is that I was writing a short story about research and Jorge Luis Borges while everyone else in the group wants to write hard science fiction about future space exploration and wars, so nobody is interested in what I want to write. I think I'm also way too critical of everyone because grad school has made me really blunt about peer review.
>>8146391
Who do you like more, Delphin Quisphe or La Tigresa del Oriente? I can never decide.

My captcha made me identify the Twin Towers. Spooky.
>>
>>8146598
>not interested in Borges
>can't handle objective critique
elevate your company, lad
>>
>>8146621

The contest was to write something about Borges and the time that he came to the city my university is located in. Part of it was to include research about his visit, so I couldn't show it to any of my friends that are interested in Borges, or I would be showing my hand and possibly giving them more to work with to beat me when writing their stories. I had to go with only my friends that aren't interested in him.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.