[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How dank are J.D Salinger's short stories?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Messages Image(659827011).png (486 KB, 610x395) Image search: [Google]
Messages Image(659827011).png
486 KB, 610x395
How dank are J.D Salinger's short stories?
>>
File: nine-stories.jpg (30 KB, 233x384) Image search: [Google]
nine-stories.jpg
30 KB, 233x384
pretty dank, i highly recommend this one
>>
>>8146332
I've only read A perfect day for bananafish and For Esme with love and squalor. He seems like he was obsessed with children for whatever reason. For Esme was a cute story though.
>>
>>8146333
One of my favourite short stories book.

Read it, is amazing.
>>
Has anyone read the uncollected? If so post recs.
>>
Pretty fucking disappointing desu, it read like the missing link between Hemingway and Carver without the vision or craft of either. Not to say they were bad, there are stories I'd go back to. Just don't listen to the people saying "Catcher is overrated, Nine Stories is his real masterpiece". I'd try Franny and Zooey but I don't want to get memed on a third time and get pointed to fucking Raise High the Roof Beam as his "real masterpiece".
>>
>>8146334
Salinger was a pedophile.
>>
>>8146520
Have you ever seen the Royal Tenenbaums? It's a cinematic recreation of Franny and Zooey. If you like that you'll enjoy the novel.
>>
>>8146541
I honestly wouldn't be surprised by this at all if it were true. The evidence is all circumstantial, but there's a fuckton of it.
>>
>>8146333
using this very book as a table leg prop
>>
>>8146401
There's an uncollected story called "A Girl I Knew" that's excellent, as are most of Salinger's uncollected stories. I like them more than most of the stuff in Nine Stories. Plus they're easily found online last I checked.
>>
>>8147926
Is the titular girl underage and did he know her in the biblical sense? That seems like his MO.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.