[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which do you prefer: books that answer questions, or books that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: BxgZTWo.jpg (63 KB, 450x707) Image search: [Google]
BxgZTWo.jpg
63 KB, 450x707
Which do you prefer: books that answer questions, or books that ask questions?
>>
i teacher i respect once told me that great literature is the question without the answer.
>>
Answers that ask questions
>>
>>8146092
I like books that answer questions. It's not that I soak up the answers and start believing them and throwing them around. But asking questions only stimulates so much thought. Reading people's attempts at answers makes me think much more.
>>
books that question it's answers
>>
books that answer a question with a question
>>
>>8146092
books that answer questions it questions it answers
>>
>>8146092
Books that let me do the asking.
>>
Books that know what they are
>>
Questions that book answers
>>
That answer question books
>>
>>8146092

The questions literature asks have no answers. If they did, they'd already be answered by now. You'd answer the questions and be like "welp, good job literature, your work is done now."
>>
philosophical mindfuck
>>
>>8146092
The question question answer books.
>>
>>8146555
Meditations by Rene Descartes it is!
>>
Answer the questions that can be answered-and pose the questions that I haven't thought of, or been able to describe myself.
>>
>>8146705
I'm feeling this answer.
>>8146668
This one too, though it isn't quite an answer.

Good job all of you. You passed the test. You get to live.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.