[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT Book that mono-linguical peoples will never understand
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: ClockworkCovers_0006.jpg (1 MB, 2584x4209) Image search: [Google]
ClockworkCovers_0006.jpg
1 MB, 2584x4209
ITT Book that mono-linguical peoples will never understand
>>
>>8144026
I'm okay with that one since I'd rather not speak babbling retard.
>>
>>8144026
>you have to be bilingual to understand cykablyad lingo
>>
>having to re-read the first chapter is a lack of understanding
>>
>>8144026
I read that as a child before learning rooski and deutsch, it's the same middlebrow romp.
The film is better anyway.
>>
>>8144026
>mono-linguical
what did he знaчить by this?
>>
>>8144026
get real. anyone who reads english will understand will that book. OP's a dumb faggot who thinks because she speaks russian she has insight into burgess' lingo. it proves what shitty reading comprehension she has. and moreover, she's probably too dumb to even grasp why that's true.
>>
I've never been a prolific reader, and I only know my native language of English. I read this book from start to finish and understood it in grade 6 because I was a movie autist and there was a lot of free reading time in my classes. My teacher actually thought I was fucking weird reading a book about rapists and shit and that age.

What I'm trying to say is that you're full of shit, you can pick up on the vocabulary in this book just fine from paying attention and analyzing the context of the words throughout the first chapter alone.
>>
>>8145386
wrong word, friend
>>
File: Kenneth williams - article.jpg (439 KB, 940x815) Image search: [Google]
Kenneth williams - article.jpg
439 KB, 940x815
>>8145417
it's not even "russian". nadsat borrows words from russian, polari, cockney rhyming slang etc etc. it requires no more real knowledge of languages than knowing what "lol", "kek" etc mean
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.