[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Evan Dara
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: dara.jpg (522 KB, 1200x781) Image search: [Google]
dara.jpg
522 KB, 1200x781
What if I told you guys that I know who Evan Dara is?

In my opinion, the best, least-known American author today.
>>
>>8142403
Who is Evan Dara?
>>
The dude's books are unbelievable
>>
>>8142403
I've read both them books and have started Fleeeeeee
>>
I just finished the scene from The Lost Scrapbook where the narrator comes across the shit chef. The part where he was gleeful about winning the photography contest and the narrator's disgust with him just fucked my shit up.

Did anyone notice that the narrator seemed to be kind of a lonely guy himself? Went home every night to a "Coors or six", spent his days off driving around and eventually sleeping in his car (and then mentioned the "great guys" at work). Is this just a variation on the theme of alienation and lack of community or do you think it means something more?

>>8142683

An American author living in Paris.

If what you say is true OP, what's he like personality-wise?
>>
I thought Flee was a step down, but Lost Scrapbook and Easy Chain are unfuckwithable.
>>
>>8142942
Don't know him personally, just have deduced it through a decent bit of sleuthing.
>>
File: john-collier-lilith.jpg (160 KB, 951x1600) Image search: [Google]
john-collier-lilith.jpg
160 KB, 951x1600
>>8142949

Is his real name Evan Dara?

>>8142944

How are Easy Chain and Flee? I've been looking for books that are able to blend what is "literary" with what is digital; is there any incorporation of the internet into the two?
>>
>>8142949
Then you should have no qualms spilling the beans. Make it a /lit/ exclusive.
>>
>>8143099
in Easy Chain there is little incorporation outside emails, just started flee
>>
>>8143099

No, it's a pseudonym...

Some part of me feels weird about spilling it. The guy definitely likes being unknown.
>>
>>8143979
You should tell, I've been curious for years.
>>
>>8143979

Well, I personally don't mind if you don't tell. But what was your "sleuthing" like? What did it involve? Always been curious of how to find people via the internet.
>>
File: image.jpg (121 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121 KB, 540x960
>>8144465

pic unrelated but I wanted to throw it in anyway.
>>
>>8143979
Would we recognize his real name? If not, then it doesn't really matter.
>>
>>8144758
I've heard he's a random guy, but I have no clue
>>
His writing is as innovative and effortless as it is moving and profound. Such great stuff.
>>
I agree. If he isn't a name we'd recognize, there is absolutely no reason to out him. If he is a bigger name, or already published via real name, I think it'd be nice to share a bit more of your process.
>>
>17 replies
>8 posters
Kill yourself OP/Dara/shill.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.