[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: /lit/ Disappointments
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1382481-pmoriarty.jpg (37 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1382481-pmoriarty.jpg
37 KB, 480x480
I remember how excited I was to read about Sherlock doing battle with James Moriarty, only to find out he was half-assedly shoehorned into all of four stories.

>completely regular mystery
>it was a Moriarty all right!
>>
Whenever a book builds up to the protagonist achieving his sexual desires only to dismiss the action with "we had sex" or "afterwards we..."

Just... Leaves me empty. I don't know what I even expect.
>>
>>8142280
Yes. Still, i can't hate Arthur; The Mark of the Four and the Baskervilles's Hound are two great stories
>>
pynchon
>>
People act like post/modern shit is so deep or whatever and you read it and its just the author having a giggle with themselves at being disjointed.
>>
>>8142280
The entire genre of cyberpunk is a disappointment

the aesthetic has a ton of potential but all the writers are shit
>>
>>8143052
read vurt
>>
>>8142280
Reading the Iliad as a kid to find out about the judgement of Helen and the Trojan horse and the sack of Troy: "Getting awfully close to the end, but maybe in the next book..."

Fishing book 12 of the Odyssey: "Gee, I wonder how many crazy adventures in new, unexplored lands he will have in the second half!"

Still loved that blind, illiterate old pederast, and I love him even more now.
>>
J.G Ballard. I've started three of his books, dropped each one.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.