[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dear /lit/ Will forcing myself to read eventually make me smarter?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1435617931473.gif (337 KB, 492x376) Image search: [Google]
1435617931473.gif
337 KB, 492x376
Dear /lit/

Will forcing myself to read eventually make me smarter? I can only read 2 and 1 half paragraphs before I get bored as hell. I feel myself getting dumber and dumber as the months go by. I can barely form 2 full sentences during an attempted conversation. It's either a one word reply or half a sentence before the person gets sick of my shit and leaves.

pls halp
>>
Nah, you're just a woman.
>>
Find something that you like so reading won't necessarily be a chore
>>
>>8142114
>Will forcing myself to read eve

Stopped there. Leave.
>>
>>8142123
first post

best post
>>
>>8142123
I wonder if you're the same dude who asked people to post the size of their boobs. You smell the same.
>>
>>8142114
>I feel myself getting dumber and dumber as the months go by
How so?
>>
>>8142177
There! It just happened again, as I read your terrible post!
>>
>>8142114
It isn't that you read, but what you read.
>>
>>8142123
I really don't know what my gender has to do with my thread. BTW I'm a transitioning from female to male right now so just please shut the fuck up.
>>
poor baits
>>
>>8142114
>>8142128

This. Don't read something just because you feel like you should.
>>
i read at least 10 chapters of bible per day since march and i still shiver at thought of having conversation, and suffer from not knowing should i say something or remain quiet listener
>>
Reading something and understanding it are different skills. One is worthless and the other isn't. Take your time with something if you find it difficult, mull it over, truly set aside other distractions, and see if you can develop an understanding of the work. With time, your comprehension skills will become deeper, you'll layer different thoughts upon each other, and hopefully be better at reasoning. Intelligence isn't a measurable quality but we can all learn to think.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.