[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>https://reddit.com/r/DIY/comments/ 4mqaio/i_attached_abo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: CcnE0HvVAAAXIX-.jpg (54 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
CcnE0HvVAAAXIX-.jpg
54 KB, 600x375
>https://reddit.com/r/DIY/comments/4mqaio/i_attached_about_4000_books_to_my_living_room/

This is the most redarted thing I have ever seen
>>
has he read them, and why, he can't reread shit now.
>>
>4 gaylords of books
>>
>>8141967
looks like most of em are shit books anyway. no loss.
>>
File: face-with-tears-of-joy[1].png (58 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
face-with-tears-of-joy[1].png
58 KB, 256x256
>4000 books framing his TV
>>
>>8141977
he hasnt read them

>Not just using a bookshelf
>>
Truly the most pretentious thing i have ever seen, it would be better if the books were actually good.
This retarded belief that just because they are books they have some intellectual gravitas is really annoying, and literature (like almost everything else art-related) has literally become a commodity.
The fact that he has money to blow away on a retarded project like this makes me genuinely upset.
>>
>>8142022
>The fact that he has money to blow away on a retarded project like this makes me genuinely upset.

dude there are places where you can buy books by the ton. the titles are irrelevant.
also some charities cull books after a while if they don't sell. they have to keep their stock moving. the books end up in dumpsters
>>
>>8142022
>This retarded belief that just because they are books they have some intellectual gravitas is really annoying,

Maybe that OP just thought it looks pretty?

>The fact that he has money to blow away on a retarded project like this makes me genuinely upset.

Large libraries throw old books away by the container so you can pick up old crap no-one wants for free (Botanical almanac 1981, Guinness Book of Records 2001, a lumberjack's autobiography etc.), it then takes a weekend to cut off the spines, and after that the amount of work/money involved depends on how secure you want it to be.
>>
>>8142033
>also some charities cull books after a while if they don't sell. they have to keep their stock moving. the books end up in dumpsters

say it isn't so
>>
>>8142033
in fact now i clicked through i noticed he refers to www.booksbythefoot.com as the place he got them from
>>
>>8142041
http://www.wmur.com/news/thousands-of-unh-library-books-found-in-dumpster/25595304

(this was an especially uninformed internet outrage by dumb people)

http://www.fbamastery.com/massive-college-library-dumpster-score/

etc. pp
>>
I feel bad because the guy must be legitimately retarded.
>>
>>8142047
>Librarians said they need to make room for new science books, but one art history professor said they are throwing out volumes worth keeping.

fucking STEM

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>8142041
in the uk oxfam do this. for a while i walked past an oxfam bookshop early morning on my way to work and about once a month i would see a pile of plastic sacks outside. they were all books they couldn't sell. mostly books that were given to them in poor condition or just useless stuff (apparently some people "donate" things like shopping catalogues and so on) but also endless piles of chick lit and so on.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.