[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
henry darger's novel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
does anyone know if there are any projects to edit and release the body of work he wrote?
>>
>>8139136
I'm sure it could sell well if properly marketed, even if it's hundreds of pages of word salad.
>>
Wasn't it divvied out between museums/collectors? If so I doubt it would be possible to compile it again.
>>
No it's unpublishable because of its length. A decent one-volume abridgement would take years and years of work editing down. And there were hundreds of colourful illustrations that are essential to the work. It'd be very costly to print them. The prose and plot isn't accessible enough to keep average readers interested over a multi-volume series.
>>
>>8139171
Its prose is coherent but the overall structure isn't totally cohesive. It'd be thousands of pages in mass market format.
>>
Why would anyone want to read an extremely repetitive and drawn out fantasy book by some shutin autist who didn't even know that girls have vaginas?
>>
>>8139231
>>8139304

>outsider art
>naïve artist
>secluded genius
>oppressed for non conforming to the opressive conformist society
>looked over by the literary establishment because of his mental illness
>lush imagination unbridled by mainstream literary conventions
>minutiously hand painted illustrations by the artist's own hand
>non gender conforming
>also, he was opressed
>and really non conforming

Would my pitch work?
>>
>>8139304

Would he be famous if not for the artwork? I think that's what appeals to people. He never finished school, the writing is probably terrible.

Was he a pedo?
>>
>>8139437
The manuscript length alone is noteworthy.

If he was an active pedo he'd probably know that girls don't have penises.
>>
>>8139437
The pictures are also stupid
>>
>>8139438

Maybe he was just really bad at pedophilia.
>>
>>8139452
The pictures are great. He had a natural sense of colour and composition.
>>
>French last name
>Only non artists of worth that end up being discovered as genius artists are of french descent

What makes the French so much superior than every other people?
>>
>>8140334
No, they're retarded. The subject matter is inherently stupid, and my 10-year-old cousin has just as good a sense of color and composition. It's really easy to figure out what colors look nice together, or how a scene should be laid out
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.