[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
THE MONSTER DID NOTHING WRONG
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: fra.jpg (653 KB, 1536x2664) Image search: [Google]
fra.jpg
653 KB, 1536x2664
THE MONSTER DID NOTHING WRONG
>>
how did hollywood fuck this up so bad
>>
>>8139004
You think normies want to watch a movie about a well spoken ed monster, it might shatter their pre conveiled notions of good and evil
>>
The real monster was us all along. :(
>>
>>8138997
Did he actually murder the little girl, or did he just take credit for the murder?
>>
>>8139074
What little girl? The only kid he murders is Victor's younger brother, I think his name was William
>>
>>8139004
The movies are all based on Presumption. They are not directly based on Frankenstein. That's how they fucked up.

Anyway, the monster murdered somebody (a totally innocent somebody), which is wrong.
>>
>mfw a britcuck cucks himself by marrying a rapefugee

The liberal media has been at it for a while now, haven't they?
>>
>>8139090
my bad, the little brother. He actually murdered that lil guy?
>>
>>8139096
>1831
>>
>>8139099
He must have. How else would the locket thing have ended up on Justine? Unless she did it for whatever reason
>>
>>8139116
What reason?
>>
>>8139110
That's the joke. Seriously though, my college class made such a big deal that there was an Arab character. We must have "talked" about the "social justice" implications of that for a week. English degrees are worthless.
>>
>>8138997
THE LAST MAN IS BETTER

>>8139004
It was a conscious choice by Karloff. I guess he didn't consider the effects on the perception of the work that choice would have.
That said, it reveals a lot about the type of culture we live in.
>>
>>8139004

The Universal Frankenstein is a classic anon, it was made in that interesting time period when movies were transferring over to talkies and most of the movie was comprised of atmosphere and visuals because they didn't know how to film dialogue yet. It has a dreamlike surreal quality that books can never reproduce.
>>
>>8139121
I read it in the context of a Gothic literature course, so we focused on the Gothic tropes present throughout, which I found kind of interesting if only to see the roots of these tropes.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.